Sunday Stew, a quick and easy recipe
1.5lbs Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless, cut in bite-size chunks)
1 28-oz can – crushed tomatoes
1 15-oz can – white beans
1/2 large onion (diced very small)
1 stalk of celery (diced very small)
4 slice bacon – chopped in small chunks
1/2 cup whiter wine (whatever you have open in fridge – I think red would work)
1 tablespoon veg oil
1/2 teaspoon splenda
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Start with veg oil on medium heat, add onions and celery.
2. After onion and celery are sauteed for a few minutes, add in your bacon.
3. Once bacon starts rendering its fat, add in chicken.
4. When chicken is almost cooked all the way through, add in your spices. Stir and cook for a few more minutes
5. Stir in crushed tomatoes and splenda (or sugar).
6. Add in beans.
7. Cover and cook (on medium low) for about 10 minutes or until beans are warmed through and chicken are completely cooked.
8. Serve with a hunk of crusty bread and a side salad!
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.